In 1952 eight families living in “Islington” founded Islington Evangel Centre (IEC). Meetings were held in rental space above Edward Hardware, then the Canadian Legion, then in Wedgewood School. Ernie Zilch, the Assistant Pastor and his wife from Stone Church, was the first pastor.
In 1953 land was purchased at the corner of Wedgewood and Burnhamthorpe. Following Pastor Zilch’s eight years of ministry, Pastors David Bowen, Len Evans, Ed Corley and David Edwards all lead the Church until 1974. At that time Rev. David Sture became the Senior Pastor and served for ten years. Then David Macfarlane in 1984 assumed the leadership of the church and steady growth brought about a move to Martin Grove and Albion in 1985. In 1994 Pastor Wayne McNeilly was appointed as Senior Pastor, and through the Lord’s blessing the church relocated to its present campus on Queens Plate Drive. Numerous staff has served with excellence and diligence and has enlarged and enhanced the overall ministry of IEC.
At present we are blessed to have the Rev. David Connolly as our Lead Pastor. Having served the Lord for many years at IEC, Pastor Dave assumes his role and his new responsibility with the conviction that helping each member to achieve his or her fullest potential in Christ as his ultimate goal.